We advance human potential
Recognized by Fast Company, The New York Times, Wired, McKinsey and others, Catalyte is one of the fastest growing software engineering providers. If you are passionate about technology, mentorship and continuous learning, we want to hear from you.
We are seeking enthusiastic People Managers to assist with the management and talent development of Catalyte’s workforce. Our People Managers will be instrumental in the retention, development, and engagement of our talent pool by providing ongoing mentorship and guidance throughout the employee lifecycle. Our People Managers will also help implement programs and other initiatives to strengthen the company’s values and culture, and work towards attaining the mission and goals of the business. We are looking for experienced candidates in the technology industry with a track record of continuous self-improvement, and who are open to thinking outside of the box to solve problems. Candidates need to be empathetic leaders with a passion for mentoring software engineers and creating and optimizing the most effective employees.
- Work with Human Resources and Technical Delivery org to recruit, interview, select, hire, and employ an appropriate number of employees.
- Provide oversight and direction to the employees in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Coach, mentor and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities.
- Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals.
- Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity across the team, and company at large, that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution, and the appreciation of diversity as well as cohesiveness, supportiveness, and working effectively together to enable each employee and the department to succeed.
- Consciously uphold our workplace culture, mission, vision, guiding principles, and values of the organization.
- Lead employees using a performance management and development process that provides an overall context and framework to encourage employee contribution and includes goal setting, feedback, and performance development planning.
- Lead employees to meet the organization’s expectations for productivity, quality, and goal accomplishment.
- Provide effective performance feedback through employee recognition, rewards, and disciplinary action, with the assistance of Human Resources, when necessary.
- Manage employee work schedules including assignments, training, vacations and paid time off, telecommuting, absenteeism.
- Maintain transparent communication. Appropriately communicate organization information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and appropriate email, IM, and regular interpersonal communication.
- Plan, evaluate, and improve the efficiency of business processes and procedures to enhance speed, quality, efficiency, and output.
- Make business decisions that are financially responsible, accountable, justifiable, and defensible in accordance with organization policies and procedures.
- Communicate regularly with other managers, the director, vice president, president, and other designated contacts within the organization.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- Help the employee population respond to change by implementing effective change management practices
What we’d like to see
- Knowledge and experience in technology industry, business, supervision, and management.
- 3-5 years management experience in a team-oriented workplace preferred.
- Prior experience in software development preferred.
- Better than average written and spoken communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching and development skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop individuals at various levels of their career path.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic economics, budgeting, and accounting principles and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the organization’s management team that provides leadership and direction.
- Evidence of the ability to practice a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational management skills.
- Evidence of the ability to effectively implement change in an organization.